Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:45:06 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On 6/15/10, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu> wrote:
> I do not know what the ultimate answer is

The HTML Working group selected two editors in May 2007 [1]. We now
have three years of experience with their work in that capacity.

Perhaps a new survey would be in order.

The purpose of the survey would to be to:

* ensure that the Working Group is receiving the editorial services
needed for operation.
* identify any areas needing improvement.
* recognize achievements and accomplishments.

A performance evaluation survey would benefit editors and the working
group. It has the potential to promote common understanding of needs
and  identify any new work objectives. It could help provide editors
with guidance and suggestions for improvement.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/htmlbg/results#xhtml5eds
--