Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:40:07 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:05:41 +0200, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
wrote:

> We have a change proposal to modify 4.8.10 the canvas element section of
> the HTML5 specification to allow the usemap  attribute to be applied to
> the canvas element:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/addimagemaptocanvas
>
> At the present time, we have no counter proposals.  Accordingly, the
> chairs are issuing a call for consensus at this time. If there are no
> objections, we will adopt this change proposal on June 22, 2010.

Note that my developing counter-proposal [1] for ISSUE-74 (canvas
accessibility) includes adopting this change proposal. The proposal to
adopt usemap is not inconsistent with other ISSUE-74 proposals, but my
proposal explicitly depends on this change.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Map4NotAdom

cheers

Chaals