Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I appreciate your note of support for the efforts of the chairs. However, a lot of your message veers into personal attacks, and that kind of content is not welcome on this list. Please take that sort of material elsewhere. If you want to post here, please focus on the argument and not the person.
>> Maciej
> I did that Maciej and look where we are now.  It is time you focused
> on the person so that the rest of us don't have to.

I have to support Roy here. I have been member of many standardization
groups in several standardization bodies and I have never met editor who
had so destructive effect on operations of WG.

Editor is simply editor, not author, he should simply apply decisions of
WG even if he don't agree with them. He should not undermine WG work by
keeping private copy of spec.

Our charter says (http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html):

"4. Relationship to External Groups
Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG)
The HTML Working Group will actively pursue convergence with WHATWG,
encouraging open participation within the bounds of the W3C patent
policy and available resources."

Sadly, I see divergence not convergence here. Producing more complicated
decision process doesn't help if Ian is simply not willing to
participate in "design by committee" kind of work.

Have a nice day,

				Jirka