Re: Notes on the draft polyglot document Polyglot document

On Jun 11, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> We are the HTML Working Group. Our task is to decide what is compatible
> with 'text/html'. That is also what Appendix C sought to define. I
> therefore continue to believe that "HTML Compatible XML Documents" is
> more accurate and that it conveys a more useful message than the
> alternative.

Persuasively argued. I'm won over.

> By the way, what do you think about saying "XHTML" instead of "XML"?
>
> 	'Polyglot markup: HTML Compatible XHTML Documents'

This is better yet, since the document deals specifically with XHTML and not other applications of XML.  My only addition would be a hyphen to make "HTML Compatible" into a compound adjective:

"Polyglot Markup: HTML-compatible XHTML Documents"

Grant