Re: use of figure/figcaption

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:21:05 +0100
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
hi laura, I realise that:

>> The figure element currently allows any flow content [1] not just images.

I realise that, but it does not mean that the example could not be a
primary use case or  popular use.

the spec currently reads to me as if this use is precluded as it
doesn't fit with:

"that could, without affecting the flow of the
document, be moved away from that primary content, e.g. to the side of
the page, to dedicated pages, or to an appendix."

as the image IS the main content of the page.

regards
Stevef

--
with regards