RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 12:59:25 +0200
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Cc: 'Laura Carlson' <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, 'Shelley Powers' <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, 'HTML WG' <public-html@w3.org>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
John Foliot, Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:49:13 -0700 (PDT):
> Laura Carlson wrote:
>
>> That is correct, Shelley. But it seems that the attempt was too
>> little;  too late. Sorry.
>>
>>> I appreciate her effort, but I believe that Sam has shut down the
>>> discussion, which is a co-chair prerogative. I'm waiting resolution on
>>> several change proposals before I determine my next steps.
>
> I don't think the chairs (Sam) has shut down any discussion at all - he has
> clearly given all a 'next-steps' roadmap that actually has two options -
> file bug reports with specific actionable items, as well as leaving
> the door open to a Formal Objection (with an apparent preference
> for bug reports first).

The need to continue to discus <figure>, <details> etc was not
expressed in the counter-proposal. If it had been expressed there, then
not only would it have lowered the ad-hominen smack of the whole
counter-proposal effort, it could also have lead to more support for it.
--
leif halvard silli