[css2.1] handling of U+0000 - match html5?

From: Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:25:46 -0700
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
It's been brought to my attention that HTML5 requires the character
U+0000 (NULL) be converted to U+FFFD (REPLACEMENT CHARACTER) at a very
early stage of input stream processing.  This applies to both the
literal character with all bits zero, and the numeric entity &#0;.  See
(for the literal character) and
(for the entity).

CSS2.1 leaves the behavior of U+0000 undefined, both as the literal
character and as the backslash escape (\0, \00, etc). I think it would
make an awful lot of sense to match HTML5, and I see no downside.

I can provide wording if people like the idea, although I would prefer
to do so on top of my earlier rewrite of the backslash specification,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Feb/0221.html .