W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > June 2010

[minutes] HTML WG 20100603

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:56:05 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
Message-Id: <1275584165.18593.129.camel@chacal>
Available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2010/06/03-html-wg-minutes.html


Text version:

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

03 Jun 2010

Attendees

   Present
          Sam, Julian_Reschke, Plh, adrianba, Radhika_Roy, Adrian,
          Eliot, +1.207.376.aaaa, MikeSmith, Matt, cyns, Laura_Carlson,
          Evan

   Regrets
          Maciej, Paul

   Chair
          Sam

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]1. ACTION items due by Thu Jun 3
         2. [4]2. Items that close this week (by Thu May 28)
         3. [5]3. New Issues This Week
         4. [6]4. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus
            this Week
         5. [7]5. Survey results
         6. [8]6. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working
            Drafts
         7. [9]7. Upcoming deadlines
         8. [10]8. Other Business
         9. [11]9. Scribe for next meeting
        10. [12]10. Adjournment
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

1. ACTION items due by Thu Jun 3

   <trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea
   of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring
   -- due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

   plh: PSIG reached consensus and wil send something towards us within
   a week or two

   <trackbot> ACTION-178 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to contact the various
   chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type --
   due 2010-05-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

   [16]minutes for the Hypertext Coordination Group call May 21, 2010

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hypertext-cg/2010AprJun/0007.html

   [17]Hypertext Coordination Group Teleconference -- 21 May 2010

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/21-hcg-minutes.html#item05

   plh: discussed in HCG. only RFC is authoritative. there is a w3c
   note but it's not authoritative.
   ... so no issue there

   <trackbot> ACTION-178 Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to
   resolve the use of the text/html mime type closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-179 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to set automatic copy
   of HG to www.w3.org -- due 2010-05-27 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/179

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/179

   [19]test.w3.org and test2.w3.org

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010Jun/0002.html

   <trackbot> ACTION-179 Set automatic copy of HG to www.w3.org closed

   [20]HTML Testing area

     [20] http://test.w3.org/html/

   Julian: regarding action-178, there are working groups that will
   make statements regarding the media type

   plh: the xhtml2 working group is only supposed to fix xhtml 1.1,
   nothing else
   ... so no update to the Note
   ... if we think we should do an update to the Note, we could discuss
   it

2. Items that close this week (by Thu May 28)

   <trackbot> ISSUE-111 -- What does input.@required mean for @type =
   checkbox? -- raised

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/111

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/111

   <trackbot> ISSUE-112 -- negative keywords-not meta tags -- raised

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/112

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/112

   <trackbot> ISSUE-113 -- add a preventable forced-fragment method --
   raised

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/113

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/113

   <trackbot> ISSUE-114 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the
   same organization across many sites for searches without a canonical
   page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/114

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/114

   <trackbot> ISSUE-115 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the
   same person across many sites for searches without a canonical page
   and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/115

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/115

   Sam: we're looking for change proposals for 111, 112, 113, 114, and
   115

   Sam: otherwise close without prejudice
   ... will be closed after this meeting

3. New Issues This Week

   Sam: no new issue

4. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this Week

   Sam: none

5. Survey results

   Sam: decision has been posted for ISSUE 66

   Sam: anything on 66 or 91?
   ... 93, 95, 96, 97 are still due for decisions

   plh: status of issue 41?

   Sam: next step would be a survey, not done yet

6. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts

   Sam: publishing all 8 documents, Thursday, June 10
   ... comments?

   [none heard]

7. Upcoming deadlines

   Sam: we have 85, 101, and 105, seeking alternate proposals
   ... looking volunteers
   ... otherwise call for consensus on existing proposals

8. Other Business

   Sam: anything to bring up?

   [none heard]

9. Scribe for next meeting

   Sam: volunteer to scribe next week?

   Adrian: sure

10. Adjournment

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 3 June 2010 16:56:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:18 UTC