Re: Form error messages and default presentation of invalid state

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:29:47 +0100
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Peter Beverloo <peter@lvp-media.com>
On 30 Jul 2010, at 11:47, Peter Beverloo wrote:

> I think it's nothing more than sane that any UA which supports
> interactive validation also supports an user interface for it. Having
> bugs like this can't be intentional, as users are left clueless as to
> why their information isn't being submitted.

I'm glad to hear it's going to be fixed.

However, current implementation has slipped through to stable release. As far as I understand the spec, current Chrome's behavior is conforming, and perhaps that's why it's been released without proper UI.

I'd prefer spec to *require* sane implementation :)

--
regards, Kornel