W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > July 2010

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:35:15 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB2F3C2B98@TK5EX14MBXC140.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes are archived at http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html and included below.

[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
22 Jul 2010

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JulSep/0006.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
Radhika_Roy, Plh, paulc, adrianba, Sam, +1.425.214.aaaa, Janina, +1.415.595.aabb, Mike, +1.971.998.aacc, +1.732.859.aadd, Matt_May, Laura_Carlson, [IPcaller]
Regrets
Eliot_Graff, Kris_Krueger
Chair
Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe
Adrian Bateman
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items due by Thursday, July 22<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New Issues This Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Working Group decisions<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items Closing This Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items Closing Next Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   New Surveys This Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Other Business<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/07/22-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 22 July 2010

<mjs> good morning

<paulc> paulc is on mute

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-07-21 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba

<scribe> Scribe: Adrian Bateman
ACTION items due by Thursday, July 22

mjs: there are none
New Issues This Week

mjs: there are none
Working Group decisions

ISSUE-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: just published decision

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0148.html

<pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-95 hidden from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-07-21 (public-html@w3.org from July 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: 4 completed surveys remaining
... chairs are working on further decisions

ISSUE-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-88?

<trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-88 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: any questions or comments on either the decision or the remaining issues?
Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-32?

<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-32 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for alternate proposals closing jul 23
... we did get one alternate proposal submitted already
... so the issue won't be resolved automatically

<pimpbot> changes: sam: Capture another change proposal for issue-74 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Jul/0063.html>

mjs: still time for something else to be submitted
... one interesting thing: we don't have any proposals defending the current state
... both proposals involve changes
... any questions?
Items Closing Next Week

mjs: two for next week

ISSUE-74?

<trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- How accessibility works for <canvas> is unclear. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-105?

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: these are related issues about possible changes to canvas for a11y
... both due jul 30
... chairs decided two issues should be resolved together because they overlap

<janina> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Map4NotAdom

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/Map4NotAdom - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

janina: there is a third proposal that we were hoping would come forward
... this is an imagemap based proposal
... a11y tf believes that they can be unified
... but the work hasn't been done yet
... we believe we can and will turn this into a single proposal

<paulc> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-074 has been updated with Charles's proposal.

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

janina: there have also been discussions with Ian about caret

mjs: okay, so charles' proposal has been submitted and is recorded on status page
... chairs are aware of it
... if there are further changes to reconcile it with the other proposals we welcome that
... but currently it counters the other proposals

paulc: i think the community wants both techniques available

janina: yes, that would be optimal

mjs: 105 suggests adding usemap, charles other proposal suggests only this
... we will sort this out when we get to the end of the submission process
... any other comments?
New Surveys This Week

mjs: chairs have posted two new surveys for 3 issues

ISSUE-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: one survey for 4 and 84 - identical change proposals exist
... this is about whether to extend valid doctypes or leave as is
... encourage WG members to review the survey and log strong objections if appropriate

ISSUE-101?

<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: the other survey is on issue-101 about how to reference the ascii charset in the specs
... any comments?
Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force

mjs: two specific sub-topics we'd like updates on and then anything else
... issue-9 and requirements document
... aria roles

janina: aria mapping i expect tf will formall vote next thurs to forward to WG
... the hard work is done, they are tweaking the rationale language
... the rationale is important and they want this to be succinctly stated

<janina> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIAinHTML5

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/ARIAinHTML5 - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

janina: expect to be forwarded at end of next week
... media is making good progress
... still tweaking edits to requirements document - will be done by tomorrow
... want to slip to monday to allow weekend for review
... before getting feedback from the WG
... beyond work on user requirements, we've been making good progress in the media sub-team on the implications
... identified some gaps outside the scope of a11y tf
... will raise back to the WG
... for example, sync points and playing multiple streams
... not currently provided in the spec but we believe needed for a11y and media
... list will be ready in about 2 weeks when we make the next TF report
... understand that w3m may be looking at finding resources to help
... could give more examples of gaps if you like

mjs: more examples is fine but we could also wait until the report

janina: i think the biggest issue will be sync - how to keep multiple files synchronised
... there are others, like the device discovery issue and be able to direct one stream to one device and one to another
... this is lower priority but we'd like to see this addressed
... looking at three types to consider primary resource and alternative rendition
... alternative might be text document with styling or some kind of video or some kind of audio
... might be a combination that needs to stay in sync
... some of this might be OS specific but being able to hook into that in a standardised way
... slowly making progress on drag and drop
... this is one of the remaining issues
... one other large area we need to address
... yesterday PF forwarded requirements to TF for accesskey
... asked to work on recommendations for these requirements

mjs: any questions?
Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JulSep/0007.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 from Kris Krueger on 2010-07-22 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
Other Business

mjs: decision policy update
... chairs would like to note that we originally planned this for jul 15 but didn't have all issues resolved by that time
... working on a revised target
... but don't have anything immediate to report
... we have reviewed and discussed all the bugs
... any other business?
Scribe for next meeting

mjs: does anyone want to volunteer for next week?

<rubys> I'll scribe

<paulc> Paul will be chairing next week.
Adjournment

mjs: see you all next week

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]

From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Maciej Stachowiak
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:49 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22


The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2010-07-22 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

 http://timeanddate.com/s/1spd

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe: Adrian Bateman.

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, July 22
None.

2. New Issues This Week:
None.

3. Working Group decisions

a) ISSUE-95 hidden - decision published <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0148.html>

Note: The Chairs are working on decision on the following issues which were subject to WG surveys.

a) ISSUE-30: longdesc (survey closed Jun 30)
b) ISSUE-88: content-language-multiple (survey closed Jun 30)
c) ISSUE-96 progress (survey closed May 19)
d) ISSUE-97 meter (survey closed May 19)

4. Items Closing This Week

a) ISSUE-32 table-summary - Call for Alternate Proposals closes July 23

5. Items Closing Next Week

a) ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility - Call for Alternate Proposals closes July 30
b) ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap - Call for Alternate Proposals closes July 30

6. New Surveys This Week

a) ISSUE-4 html-versioning + ISSUE-84 legacy-doctypes
b) ISSUE-101 us-ascii-ref

7. Task Force Reports

a) Accessibility Task Force
   - ISSUE-9 update, status on requirements document
   - ARIA roles update

b) Testing Task Force

8. Other Business
   (Decision Policy Update if time permits)

9. Scribe for next meeting

Volunteers?

10. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03, +44.203.318.0479
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/> port 6665 or port 80



image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 22 July 2010 16:36:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:19 UTC