Re: i18n Polyglot Markup/NCRs (7th issue)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:57:43 +0300
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>, Eliot Graff <eliotgra@microsoft.com>, public-i18n-core@w3.org
Henri Sivonen, Mon, 19 Jul 2010 06:35:02 -0700 (PDT):
> Leif wrote:
>> First of all, my comment was to Richard, who suggested that POlyglot
>> markup should "favor" hexadecimal NCRs.
>
> I think neither decimal nor hexadecimal can be preferred over the
> other on polyglot grounds, so the publication shouldn't prefer one
> over the other.

Such was my initial reaction as well. And I prefer that direction.  It
also isn't the purpose of Polyglot Markup to permit served as HTML
things which text/htmll does not open up for.

(For a reply to the document encoding issues, see separate reply.)
--
leif halvard silli