Re: video/@src vs application/octet-stream

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:41:22 -0700
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 19.07.2010 19:15, Adam Barth wrote:
>> That's certainly false.  Whatever the probability is, it's certainly
>> non-zero.
>
> Not helpful, Adam.
>
>> Another factor is people might give up on using the feature because
>> they can't get it to work.
>
> That would be a problem if it would prevent adoption of <video>. Does it?
> Any evidence of that?

My point is that you're speaking in absolutes: "zero," "prevent."  The
world isn't that black and white.  Some number of people will screw up
the Content-Type header, either because of ignorance or because they
have lame hosting.  Some number of these people will realize they've
screwed it up and either fix it or give up.  The question is how large
these numbers are, not whether they exist.

Adam