Re: video/@src vs application/octet-stream

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:50:22 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 7/19/10 1:42 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> So there's a foreseeable race-to-the-bottom here. Please, this time, do
> not blame the server implementers.

Er.... there's a commonly-deployed server that sends
application/octet-stream when it should send no type at all.  How is
this different from the text/plain situation we used to have?

I agree that if all UAs were to hold the line on this we could manage.
But the server behavior (and the fact that some UAs have already crossed
the line) makes that seem pretty unlikely, no matter what I may happen
to think about sniffing.  :(

-Boris