Re: WebKit feedback on ISSUE-100 (remove srcdoc)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:58:51 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Sam Weinig <weinig@apple.com>
On 7/17/10 9:09 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> It would also be useful to hear from other implementors about their thoughts on @srcdoc, as well as the related @sandbox and @seamless features.

My first (well, and second and third) impression is that the spec around
these is structured in the following form, more or less:

   1) Do A.
   2) Except if B don't actually do A; do A' instead.
   3) Except if C then B is replaced by B' in condition 2 and A'
      is replaced by A''.

It's one of the hardest-to-read spec texts I've dealt with in a while.
I can't comment further than that yet, after several hours of trying to
map out what all the interdependencies are.

-Boris