Re: comments on 'private use' section of proposal - Sanity check

A sanity check,

.8.1.1.11 An image in an e-mail or private document intended for a specific
person who is known to be able to view images

"*This section does not apply to documents that are publicly accessible, or
whose target audience is not necessarily personally known to the author,
such as documents on a Web site, e-mails sent to public mailing lists, or
software documentation."*
*
*
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/embedded-content-1.html#an-image-in-an-e-mail-or-private-document-intended-for-a-specific-person-who-is-known-to-be-able-to-view-images

*
*

The private email exception does not apply to  apply to a class of authoring
tools, it only applies if you send a private email to a person or people who
you know can see the image.

So depending on who I send it to, will decide if it is conforming or non
conforming so unless the email client provides the ability for me to add a
text alternative it WILL allow non conforming documents to be published.

regards
Stevef

--
with regards