Re: i18n comments on Polyglot Markup

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:55:04 +0400
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Richard Ishida, Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:40:24 +0100:
> Hello Eliot,
>
> Thank you for beginning work on the polyglot document.  I think it
> will be very useful.  FWIW, I would welcome an approach to the text
> that made it more like an author-friendly "how-to" guide, rather than
> spec text.

I prefer an author friendly _spec_. This is also what TAG has asked
for. Quoting Tim Berners-Lee:

]] 1. The document should be couched as a specification. [ snip ] [[

One argument in favor of a spec rather than how-to guide is that it,
hopefully, makes us issue a document that is more accurate and helpful
than certain XHTML appendixes in the past.

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/7850A528-CBAC-48DF-865B-463E40442824@w3.org
--
leif halvard silli