Re: Understanding the "applicable specifications" clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41))

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:11:07 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>, public-html@w3.org
Sam Ruby, Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:07:49 -0500:
> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Tab Atkins Jr., Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:00:32 -0600:
   [...]
>>> If they served it as application/xhtml+xml, then it would have been
>>> XHTML.
>>
>> Even at that point it is still only a bag of bits. For example: IE
>> might perform a sniff and interpret it as text/HTML.
>
> I'm not seeing much new information on this thread.  Is there an
> intent to produce a bug report on the current specification?  If so,
> how would you like to see it changed?

I need to harness my bug filing efforts ... In the mean time, some new
info:

http://www.amplesdk.com/examples/aml/maps/

The page is served as text/HTML (more specifically with the HTML5
doctype) - to all Web browsers, and implements AmpleSDK's XML language
- AML - with namespaces and everything, inside the <script> element.

Perhaps limiting namespaces to the <script> element and children of the
<script> element is worth a shot? (My 2.5 cent.)

(Thanks to Shelley for her SVG articles at A List Apart, with reference
to the very interesting Ample SDK.)
--
leif halvard silli