Re: spec verbosity and algorithms

Le 22 janv. 2010 à 22:39, Karl Dubost a écrit :
> Le 22 janv. 2010 à 11:43, Julian Reschke a écrit :
>> this issue has been raised before, and I realize that this is the way Ian likes to specify things. Anyway, I just came across:
>>
>> "Two origins are said to be the same origin if the following algorithm returns true:
>
> Maybe the spec verbosity can be clarified with graphics.
> I tried the one you were pointing out without being sure to have made the right rendering.
>
> http://www.la-grange.net/2010/01/22/same-origin-algorithm.png

[23:24]  <TabAtkins> karlcow: Yeah, it's wrong.  The opaque-identifier portion should completely separate from the same-components section.  If they're opaque, they don't *have* components.
[23:25]  <karlcow> TabAtkins: ah. I'll modify. It is not clear in the prose of the spec I have the feeling.
[23:25]  * karlcow likes to visualize to understand
[23:26]  <TabAtkins> If you translate it from prose directly to if/then code in your favorite programming language, it becomes very clear.  ^_^