Re: Understanding the "applicable specifications" clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41))

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:26:30 -0600
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> It at least purports to be XML. According to the pundits there is only
> two kinds of mark-up online - both of them stems from W3C: HTML and XML.

I suspect you're referring to the recent comment I made, in which case
you definitely misunderstood what I meant.  I said that anything
served as text/html is HTML, and anything served as one of the XML
mimetypes is XML.  This was in reaction to a statement of yours that
there was somehow still some concept of "XHTML served as text/html".
There never was (it was always interpreted as a plain HTML page), and
HTML5 makes that explicit.

I certainly never said that everything is either HTML or XML.

~TJ