Re: Proposal: Canvas accessibility and a media querries approach for alternative content (Action Item 6 in the HTML Accessibility Task Force)

Hi Ian,
in the case where a user clicks on a pseudo text input on the canvas, can a
focus rectangle be drawn using the drawfocusring() method?

would it not make sense for click to cause the associated
(drawfocusring(element, ) text input in the subdom to gain focus?
Thus the drawfocusring() method could be used to cut down on unecessary
duplication of event handling for all users as they would be handled by the
native elements regardless of whether they had a disibility and required the
use of the keyboard or not.

regards
Stevef

2010/1/20 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> >
> > I am not talking about applying the click hit testing to the subdom, I
> > am talking about what happens when the click occurs trigger a
> > window.location thing or pass the click to the <a> element in the subdom
> > and let it do the navigation event.
> >
> > since one is providing the <a> anyway why would one duplicate its native
> > behaviour?
>
> One needn't; it's indeed preferable to just use the <a> element if there
> is one.
>

> > what about the case of a canvas with a pseudo text input drawn on it,
> > wouldn't it make sense to let the input in the subdom deal with the
> > keystrokes and storage of text input?
>
> Yes.
>
> --
>  Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe

www.paciellogroup.com | www.wat-c.org