Re: Proposal: Canvas accessibility and a media querries approach for alternative content (Action Item 6 in the HTML Accessibility Task Force)

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:17:38 +0000
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-canvas-api@w3.org, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
hi henri,
i think you or I may be misunderstanding.

>The subdom isn't being rendered to the visual medium, so presumably it
doesn't have CSS boxes generated for it, so it doesn't exist in a coordinate
space >where click hit testing could be performed against boxes that
correspond to DOM nodes.

I am not talking about applying the click hit testing to the subdom, I am
talking about what happens when the click occurs
trigger a window.location thing or
pass the click to the <a> element in the subdom and let it do the navigation
event.

since one is providing the <a> anyway why would one duplicate its native
behaviour?

 thinking about this a little more...

what about the case of a canvas with a pseudo text input drawn on it,
wouldn't it make sense to let the input in the subdom deal with the
keystrokes and storage of text input?

<canvas>
<input type="text">
</canvas>

again, a keyboard user will be interacting with it, what sense is there in
saving and processing the canvas pseudo input content seperately?

regards
Stevef

--
with regards