Re: Proposal: Canvas accessibility and a media querries approach for alternative content (Action Item 6 in the HTML Accessibility Task Force)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:04:01 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: public-canvas-api@w3.org, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 1/19/10 5:39 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> This seems like a presentation-specific issue and therefore belongs in CSS
> or CSSOM, not HTML or the HTML DOM. Specifically, if the user wants the
> _canvas_ to be made high-contrast, then the author will have to render a
> high-contrast version.

Or the UA could apply one of the existing contrast enhancement
algorithms to it....  The former is obviously better in terms of
guaranteeing it works; the latter requires a lot less effort on the part
of the author.  That said, I have no idea how well contrast enhancement
techniques work in practice.  Does anyone on this list happen to?

-Boris