From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Manu Sporny
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:54 PM
To: HTMLWG WG
Subject: HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft publishing request

Hey folks,

The heartbeat draft for the RDFa spec for HTML should be published by
January 15th, 2010. I have made some of the additions that WHAT WG, RDFa
TF and HTML WG folks have requested:

* Updating HTML5 coercion to Infoset rules (normative)
* Clarifying how to extract RDFa attributes via Infoset (informative)
* Clarifying how to extract RDFa attributes via DOM2 (informative)

I can't imagine that this draft is going to make people happy on either
side of the debate for the following reasons:

* Updating the HTML5 coercion to Infoset rules needs input from
  implementers and may be a non-starter.
* Some believe that there is no need to state anything about Infoset or
  DOM2, others believe that it should be normative language. I have
  stated how to extract RDFa information in both Infoset and DOM2, but
  left the language as informative.

Feedback on the current draft would be appreciated:

http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/rdfa.html

Diff-marked version:

http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/rdfa-diff-20091015-20100115.html

This is a request for the HTML WG to publish this draft as a heartbeat
draft effective Friday, January 15th, 2010.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Monarch - Next Generation REST Web Services
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/12/14/monarch/