Re: The harm that can come if the W3C supports publication of competing specs

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I think we could effectively focus on getting those parts of the spec
> more likely to be implemented in the near future into a stable state by
> giving Ian feedback that he should focus on them and that we could focus
> a lot more on providing implementation feedback while implementing, and
> not sometime shipping.

FWIW this year I have been exclusively addressing feedback in the order
that browser vendors and this working group have told me they want it
addressed. Originally I was focusing on just getting the bug count to
zero, since Maciej asked me to do so. Then I focused on sandbox="", then
manifest="", then pushState(), now Microdata, and soon draggable="" and
then after that doc="" and then sandbox="" again, all because of
implementor feedback asking for me to focus on those areas. If I should be
focusing on something different, let me know.

If I run out of things that people have told me to focus on, I'll return
to just going through the bugs and then going through pending e-mails or
looking at new features, until an implementor or working group asks me to
focus on something specific again. I've pretty much been following this
process non-stop for six years now. :-)