Re: <iframe doc="">

On Jan 17, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Joe D Williams wrote:

>> Huh?  Implementing @doc is trivially easy.
>
> Great. Same with src=data: then?
> I think you should tell the story of why and how and which is best.
> how does seamless fit in?
>
>> You can play with a working @sandbox implementation in a WebKit
>> nightly <http://nightly.webkit.org/> or a Chrome Dev channel release
>> <http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel>.
>
> OK, I can try the Chrome and maybe Webkit. Do these count as one implementation or two?

One. The only difference here really is whether you're testing the copy of WebKit in Safari or Chrome. (Occasionally the Safari and Chrome implementations of WebKit features are substantially different, but not in this case.)

> Sounds like these are close to the current standard and even capable of evaluating proposed changes. I hope there is an example set that helps getting started using the sandbox and seamless features. Any pointers?

We do not support seamless yet. The proposed @doc and text/html-sandboxed would be simple to support, but seamless iframes are a fair chunk of additional implementation complexity.

Author feedback on what we have so far would be really valuable.

Regards,
Maciej