Re: The harm that can come if the W3C supports publication of competing specs

On 1/17/10 12:04 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> Yes, before we go to candidate recommendation, we'll need two
> implementations of the specifications.

As pedantic a point of fact, you'll need that to _leave_ CR and go to
PR.  Entering CR doesn't have any requirement on implementations, since
technically CR entrance is when the call for implementations happens.

In practice, implementation feedback is best had before CR, since it
might well require radical changes...  Reconciling these issues is kinda
tough.  :(

-Boris