Re: <iframe doc="">

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:33:06 +1300
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Why call it @doc and not @html then? My first reaction to @doc was -
>> "what? we're pointing to word documents?".
>
> "html" is a type, "doc" is a description. Calling the attribute "html"
> would be equivalent to calling the "title" attribute "string", or calling
> the "start" attribute on <ol> "integer".

Fair enough - but it's exactly the same problem that my first instinct
made me react to doc: doc is a type to a lot of people. Maybe then
@document would be better? (note that I am not overly concerned about
this, but I assume many ppl will have a similar gut reaction to "doc"
as I did).

Regards,
Silvia.