Re: text/sandboxed-html

I spent some time this morning reading the paper by Wang et. al. upon which the
proposal is based (link in Ian's original message on this thread).  I'm still
thinking about my response, but my thoughts revolve around the extent to which
the browser itself is becoming a trusted platform.  To the extent that plugins
are an extension of the browser, then trust in the browser must extend to trust
in the plugins as well.

I hope all this gets a really good review by security experts - the world is
littered with cases of failed half-baked security measures, and the illusion of
security could be worse than no security.  I'm not saying that applies here; the
starting point seems to me to be sound, but one needs to be careful about taking
a security measure from one context and deploying it in another.

#g