Re: text/sandboxed-html

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:45:21 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org, public-web-security@w3.org
On 1/12/10 9:41 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I don't think it is a problem. My understanding is that a major goal for
> text/html-sandboxed is to protect against an attacker loading a resource
> that is only meant to be served sandboxed in a non-sandboxed context.

Ah, I see.  OK, that makes sense.

My concern was whether sites would choose to use this if it meant that
<iframe sandbox> in a browser with no sandbox support would do weird
stuff with the content.  I guess doing weird stuff is certainly
preferable to it being treated as HTML by said browser.  ;)

-Boris