Re: New split-out drafts vs. modular design

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:38:51 +0100
To: Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Lars Gunther, Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:09:07 +0100:
> 2010-01-11 10:28, Lachlan Hunt skrev:
>> The WHATWG has operated for years without having to adopt a formal
>> change procedure like we have here because the group is not as
>> dysfunctional this one.
> Or you could say that it had a very narrow subset of all
> HTML-stakeholders in it - and those who did not belong in that subset
> soon learned that their ideas were shut down.
> The HTML WG is perhaps "dysfunctional" by the criteria that it is
> very much caught up in procedure and complaining, but that is looking
> at the symptoms, not the cause. The WHAT WG culture is definately not
> without is flaws and is one (of many) contributing factors.

Btw, perhaps the MD supporters themselves could describe which effect
they think that the WG decision w.r.t. MD should have? By this I also
indicate that to suggest that, as a consequence, the entire HTML 5 is
"split-out" into sub specs, is not a reasonable effect.
leif halvard silli