Re: splits, discussions, and manic behavior

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:03:08 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

> I was (and still am) trying to follow the process,

That is good.

> and trying to resolve the bugs Shelley filed in a manner
> consistent with the chairs' decision on Microdata.

That may be a source of the confusion.

Sam, Maciej, and Paul is/was the Microdata decision meant to set
precedent and design principle and be applied to all bugs/issues?

Or was the poll and decision particular to Microdata?

> I am baffled to learn that Shelley's actual admitted goal is
> not to improve the spec or to have me resolve the bugs,

I think that everyone's goal here is to improve the spec. The
differences lie in the interpretation of the word "improve". The
process should help settle the differences.

Best Regards,

Laura L. Carlson