Re: splits, discussions, and manic behavior

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:03:08 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

> I was (and still am) trying to follow the process,

That is good.

> and trying to resolve the bugs Shelley filed in a manner
> consistent with the chairs' decision on Microdata.

That may be a source of the confusion.

Sam, Maciej, and Paul is/was the Microdata decision meant to set
precedent and design principle and be applied to all bugs/issues?

Or was the poll and decision particular to Microdata?

> I am baffled to learn that Shelley's actual admitted goal is
> not to improve the spec or to have me resolve the bugs,

I think that everyone's goal here is to improve the spec. The
differences lie in the interpretation of the word "improve". The
process should help settle the differences.

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson