Re: New split-out drafts

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> Changes of this significance should have been discussed in the group
>> first.
>
> Seems like they did get discussion in the related bugs, and in general the
> particular split applied seems like a reasonable attempt to compromise
> between different positions presented, though some of the details of the
> split strike me as odd.

For what it's worth, I agree with Shelley that would have liked a
on-list discussion regarding this too. While it can be argued that
it's an editorial change only, I would be shocked and surprised if it
didn't have political effects too. Effects that I'm worried is going
to slow down development of the spec.

Specifically the split between vocabulary and core is something that
I'm worried we'll debate to death.

/ Jonas