Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish the First Public Working Draft
> (FPWD) of the HTML5 Microdata spec:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/md/Overview.html?content-type=text/html
>
> and to publish a new Working Draft of HTML5 reflecting the split of
> Microdata:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html
>

> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive responses
> are encouraged. If there are no objections by Thursday, January 24, this
> resolution will carry.
>
> Considerations to note:
>
> - As a First Public Working Draft, this publication will trigger patent
> policy review.
> - As a Working Draft publication, the document does not need not be
> complete, to meet all technical requirements, or to have consensus on the
> contents.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

I do not support the publication of Microdata as a W3C FPWD.

The same concerns we had previously, that the W3C seemingly promoting
two separate metadata approaches would cause confusion, still applies.

I think it would be better for the specification to be a WhatWG only
publication, as Microformats has its own support organization.

Shelley