Re: sections removed, current and ongoing

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:54:07 -0800
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:27 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Can I just go ahead and say that all of the section-removal bugs are
> "major"?  I'm pretty sure I highly disagree with all of them.  I
> *really* don't want to cause the WG all the additional work that
> Issues do, because it's completely unnecessary and rather silly.

I think if a topic hasn't gotten significant email discussion, and may
be controversial, then it's a good idea to make sure the mailing list
gets some notice. But as far as I can tell, Shelley has done this for
all of her potentially controversial bugs, by tagging them NE. For
whatever reason, this one did not seem to draw any attention, though
many of Shelley's other bugs have drawn extensive comments.

In addition to the Issue process, another option when you disagree
with the outcome is to reopen a bug with new information for the
editor. That's happening in the case of <details>. So please comment
in the bug if you feel strongly. I suspect this one is going to the
issue tracker one way or another though.

Regards,
Maciej