Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:37:55 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTML WG Public List <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish the First Public Working Draft
> (FPWD) of the HTML5 Microdata spec:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/md/Overview.html?content-type=text/html
>
> and to publish a new Working Draft of HTML5 reflecting the split of
> Microdata:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html
>

> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive responses
> are encouraged.

I support publication of the Microdata draft because I think it's a
good standard that deserves the further work and publicity that
publication as a W3C Working Draft will entail.  I support publication
of a new HTML5 Working Draft solely to stop Wikipedians from trying to
move [[HTML5]] back to [[HTML 5]] based on a months-old Working Draft
that uses a space in the name.  ;)