Re: Should <video> buffer control be tri-state?

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:05:51 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>> To get the first frame and duration for Ogg Theora, you must make at
>> least 2 HTTP requests to get the beginning and end of the file (unless
>> the X-Content-Duration header is used, in which case 1 would suffice).
>
> Out of curiosity, exactly what HTTP requests are these?

Two GET with Range: bytes=x-y should do if you can guess the amount of
data needed at the beginning at end well enough and if the total size of
the resource is returned with the first request (I don't know if that's
typically the case or not).

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer