Re: Should <video> buffer control be tri-state?

On Jan 5, 2010, at 5:23 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Would it not be better to abandon autobuffer, and support a buffer
> attribute? With values of buffer="yes" buffer="no" and buffer="auto",
> which would be equivalent to how browsers handle no autobuffer now?

In light of subsequent discussion, I agree that a multi-valued
attribute would be best, since we don't necessarily know the number of
states up front.

> The reason I ask this, is I'm going to file a bug if one has not been
> filed--not to stop the discussion, but to ensure this important
> concern does not fall through the cracks. And if others want to file
> the bug instead, I won't -- I mainly just want to ensure this item is
> recorded and goes through proper channels.

I'm intending to file a bug as soon as the discussion is settled and I
will outline the main approaches proposed in the discussion. I'm still
holding off for a bit since discussion is still going.

Regards,
Maciej