Re: Browser implementations, prior to rec, used for justification

On Jan 5, 2010, at 15:14, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Are you saying that Firefox would be incapable of supporting something
> like a buffer="yes", buffer="no", or buffer="auto" (browser, use best
> judgement)?

No, that's *not* what I'm saying. Did you notice the last paragraph of http://www.w3.org/mid/124742CE-E050-4E88-ACE5-1613CC37E555@iki.fi ?

What I'm saying is that authors wouldn't be able to use autobuffer='off', autobuffer='false', autobuffer='no' to cause *less* traffic to their servers as long as there are browsers use that treat autobuffer as a boolean attribute.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi