Re: aged bugs

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:49:05 -0800
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>

On Jan 4, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Laura Carlson wrote:

> Shelley Powers wrote [1]:
>
>> why were some bugs
>> downgraded, and others not? There was no reason given, and the effort
>> seemed to be arbitrary. We should discouraging any form of arbitrary
>> behavior.
>
> The following accessibility bugs were recently downgraded from P2 to
> P3 without explanation:

For what it's worth, the "Priority" field in Bugzilla has no meaning
with respect to the HTML WG Decision Policy. If any of the editors
want to use this field for personal tracking purpose, they are free to
do so.

However this particular change seems to have confused a number of
people, so if Ian wants to explain his use of priority fields, or at
least let the WG know that we don't need to be concerned about this
field, that would be helpful.

Regards,
Maciej