Re: ISSUE-87: attr-normalization - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:54:00 GMT
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

> On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Paul Cotton wrote:

The archives confirm that that announcement was indeed sent (to
public-html), but shouldn't the process ensure that the original person
who went to the trouble of raising the issue be informed of the pending
(and actual) closure? Being subscribed to public-html is not a
prerequisite for submitting an issue to bugzilla.

I just happened to notice your message in the archives. I did not see
Paul's announcement at the time it was sent.

If the bug had been kept in bugzilla, the original submitter would
automatically be informed of changes of status. Since the group's process
is to move the issues to tracker there should be process in place to
keep the original submitter informed, either by direct email, or by
touching the bugzilla entry  so that the bug cc list is automatically
informed.

As for this particular issue, I'm undecided, I may decide to re-open and
submit a change proposal.

David