Re: Public feedback on HTML5 video

Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> Why is that not good, and how could the browser possibly know that the
> resource is not seekable without trying to GET it?

Unless I'm missing something, aborting the connection will not cause the
server to stop sending immediately, so both network bandwidth and server
resources are wasted. Furthermore, dropping the connection means you
need to establish a new one, no?

To find out about range request support, the client could do a HEAD
request and check the Accept-Ranges response header (and yes, it's not
required to return it, so it would be interesting to check what current
servers do).

BR, Julian