Re: Should <video> buffer control be tri-state?

On 01/04/2010 3:55 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Durations could be provided by the server using a "Content-Duration"
> HTTP header with a HEAD request on the resource.

Not all servers allow adding headers like this. Amazon S3 for example. I
don't think mandating that 'no buffering' means nothing at all is read
(thus no duration being available) is a good idea.

When I see a video on a weblog and I want to decide whether to play it
or not I like to see the duration.

Before tinyvid displayed the duration on videos I got many complaints
from users that this was not available.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz