Re: Should <video> buffer control be tri-state?

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Chris Double <cdouble@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2010 7:53 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Even tinyvid.tv - Chris Double's test platform for Mozilla
>> - is using autobuffer="true" and controls="controls" as attributes.
>
> tinyvid.tv has nothing to do with Mozilla. Just thought I'd clear that up.
>
> The use of 'autobuffer="something"' is a result of generating the page via
> an XML template. You don't have boolean attributes in XML - you must set
> them to something. I do the same thing on my blogger based weblog for the
> same reason.

I assume similar reasons may be the case with some of the other sites
that also chose autobuffer="true".
There certainly are frameworks around where boolean attributes are
difficult to support and the author is forced to assume a value.
We might do ourselves a favour by introducing proper values.

Existing values of choice seem to be "true" and "", so maybe "true"
and "false" are a better choice than "on" and "off"?

Regards,
Silvia.