Re: WG Decision: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 03:16:15 +0100
To: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
> Krzysztof Maczyński objected to publishing HTML Microdata because RDFa
> already satisfies Microdata's use cases.
Let me clarify, as I find this to be somewhat understated. Microdata attempts to satisfy most, but not all of RDFa's use cases (and at this time only in HTML), a subset arbitrarily proposed and uncalled for. It furthermore fails to do so in a way which the interested community finds satisfactory. Microdata brings torment and dismay. Hence my objection is not based on redundancy (which actually falls a bit short of being a fact now but is poised to become one with RDFa 1.1) but on active harmfulness.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński