Re: ISSUE-82 - profile-disambiguation - Chairs Solicit Proposals

Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 24.02.2010 04:50, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 20, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>>> "Suggested replacement for head/@profile does not provide for
>>> disambiguation"
>>>
>>> This issue has been open four months. Per the decision policy, at this
>>> time the chairs would like to solicit volunteers to write Change
>>> Proposals.
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82
>>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#escalation
>>>
>>> If no Change Proposals are written by February 21, 2010 this issue
>>> will be closed without prejudice.
>>>
>>> Issue status link:
>>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-082
>>
>> We haven't heard from any volunteers and it's past the deadline. We will
>> close this issue without prejudice tomorrow if we do not get any
>> last-minute volunteers.
>
> This issue was discussed just a few days ago (see around
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0696.html>). It
> depends on one of our perma-threads, the ownership of text/html, what it
> should say about HTML4, and the validity concept.
>
> It would be better to focus on these issues first, and then the clean up
> dependent issues afterwards; thus I recommend leaving this open for now.

I am opposed to keeping issues without concrete proposals open
indefinitely on the basis of the existence of what you (properly, IMHO)
refer to as a perma-thread.

> If you insist on having a Change Proposal sooner, I can try; but I don't
> think it's a good use of our time right now.

If you don't think it is a good use of our time, the alternative is to
simply close the issue without prejudice.  If we get to the point where
somebody actually puts together a coherent and actionable proposal, we
can discuss it at that time.

> Best regards, Julian

- Sam Ruby