Re: New HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft (2010-02-16)

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:58:03 -0500
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Manu Sporny wrote:
> There is a new HTML+RDFa draft available that includes all of the bugs
> logged against the "HTML+RDFa" project in W3C Bugzilla as of right now.
> This draft attempts to resolve the publication issues raised with the
> latest heartbeat requirement, namely:

My apologies as I didn't catch this before: I don't believe that
including all bug reports is a viable and scalable approach that can be
consistently applied across all documents.

I am not comfortable with a plan that requires each and every document
produced by this working group to lists each and every bug that may
apply to that document.  I am not comfortable with a plan which enables
different editors to pick different criteria for determining which bugs
to list.

What we agreed to do last time the HTML 5 draft was published was to
only include markers for issues in the document, and to follow the
Decision Process for opening issues.

Manu: does this work for you?

- Sam Ruby