Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:55:25 -0600
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> This will kill off the extendibility of already published versions of
> HTML. Or make quirksmode popular.

I highly doubt that either of these outcomes will occur because people
aren't allowed to use an internal subset in their doctypes.  This
seems like a *supremely* niche issue.  I could probably count the
number of authors who could usefully write one of the doctypes on two
hands (note, though, that I can count pretty high on two hands, so I
think I'm covered well).

Though I would be interested in ensuring that the doctypes generated
at http://www.xanthir.com/etc/doctype.php are still valid.

~TJ