Re: clarification on Adobe Blocking

On Feb 12, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> The formal objection did take place in a public list[1].
>
>  Shelley
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Feb/0002.html

That post, despite including the words "formal" and "objection" is not
a proper Formal Objection:

- It is not an objection to a group decision - no decision had been
made at the time, and no decision has been made to date, on publishing
the documents in question. Or even on the status wording for that
matter. All we have had is discussion.
- It does not cite technical arguments (or in fact any arguments).
- It was not registered with the Chairs - we were Cc'd as a courtesy
but the objection was addressed to the Team Contacts.

W3C Process on Formal Objections:
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGArchiveMinorityViews
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGAppeals

Message that makes clear the objection was not addressed to the Chairs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Feb/0006.html

Subsequently, one of our Team Contacts replied to Larry's inquiry,
after the Chairs and Team Contacts discussed the matter:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Feb/0016.html

Since then there have been no further public posts on that thread. As
you can see from Larry's post just now on this thread, there has been
additional private communication on the matter, however.

Regards,
Maciej