Re: [html5-diff] updated

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:40:04 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:37:08 +0100, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>  I don't want to remove this section. It contains useful information.
>>
>> You want to keep the Change Log as part of the Differences document,
>> even once we're finished? I applaud keeping a change log, but it really
>> has no business in *this* document.
>>
>> Why would anybody looking for the differences between HTML4 and 5 be
>> interested about when certain changes were applied, and then undone
>> again?
>
> Once we're finished this document is only interesting as historical
> artifact.

I disagree. For people who actually wait to have standards, rather than
drafts, this will be a very important document.

On the other hand, I think that the summarised changelogs are useful as a
handy reminder of progress while we are working on them. And I don't think
it is hard to stop at the end of chapter 4 if you don't want to know.

cheers

Chaals