Re: ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration

From: Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten <joseph@josephholsten.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:06:56 -0600
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>, URI <uri@w3.org>
To: uri-review@ietf.org
On Feb 8, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> I note that draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-02 was submitted six months
>> ago. We do not seem to make progress.
>>
>> Joseph, Lachlan, are you still interested to finish this? Otherwise,
>> this should get a new editor.
>
> I have updated and published a new draft.  The most significant changes to this were in section 5.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-03.txt

A quick diff suggests this is the same as what had been up in github, with
 - rfc2xml template changes
 - s/recognize/recognise/
 - breaking about:blank into section 5.1.1
 - using a MAY in 5.21
 - saying "Note: " in 5.12
All of which sounds great, and I've incorporated into the current branch an http://github.com/josephholsten/about-uri-scheme.

The current branch also includes
- s/Internationlized/Internationalized/
- s/refered/referred/

What seems to be left, none particularly important:
- add an example using a query param. about:cache?device=offline is a gecko example, I don't know of one in more than a single rendering engine.
- enclose non-terminal ABNF rules in angle brackets instead of quotes per RFC5234. Currently I'm using style=verb here, and style=vdeluxe proves it's possible to have a style that wraps in "<" and ">". Either I can patch xml2rfc, just hard code it into the source, or the buddha will show me a third way. I'm assuming I'll be hard coding it.

And I'd love it if there was a way to make Encoding Considerations and Normalization less awful to read. All I want to say is that normal encoding and normalization procedures apply, we're not trying to use any special cases. Instead I have 200 words of jargon.

Is that all that remains?
--
Joseph Holsten
http://josephholsten.com